Executive Administrative Coordinator
|Title:||Executive Administrative Coordinator|
|Location:||College Park, MD|
Executive Administrative Coordinator
College Park, MD
Who we are
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents over 55,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world. Society offices are located in College Park, MD (Headquarters), Ridge, NY, and Washington, D.C.
The Executive Administrative Coordinator will coordinate, oversee and perform a wide variety of high level administrative activities in support of the APS Programs Director and the APS Programs Department.
A Typical Week May Look Like This…
Is This You?
- Assist in the preparation of project reports and publications, including internal and external documents such as reports for funders and publicity materials.
- Monitor and coordinate accounting activities as appropriate, and prepare internal reports for management, as required.
- Update and maintain program calendars; schedule internal and external meetings.
- Assist with maintaining information on project websites and listservs.
- Coordinate mailings of publications and other materials.
- Develop timelines for completing various department activities in conjunction with program cycles.
- Work collaboratively with program management to support planning and coordination for various programs and attached activities.
- Serve as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies on a range of specific issues.
- Organizes and facilitate meetings, conferences, and other special events as required.
- Work closely with and assist the Director with meeting scheduling, calendar management, travel arrangements and expense reimbursements.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or related amount of work experience.
- Possess a minimum three years of work experience.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision for extended periods, proactively identify and respond to needs, and exercise judgment.
- Ability to take initiative in identifying and responding to issues as they arise.
- Ability to handle several complex projects simultaneously and adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Computer skills and high level of proficiency in standard office software.
- Excellent attention to detail is mandatory.
- Customer service orientation and ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to resolve conflicts constructively, and to empathize and understand perspectives of others.
- Willingness and ability to work as a team player.
- Strong skills in organization, documentation, and prioritization as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is Us!
To advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity, promote physics, and serve the broader physics community, we:
- Provide a welcoming and supportive professional home for an active, engaged, and diverse membership
- Advance scientific discovery and research dissemination
- Advocate for physics and physicists, and amplify the voice for science
- Share the excitement of physics and communicate the essential role physics plays in the modern world
- Promote effective physics education for all
The core values that drive our mission are:
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
The American Physical Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition), citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, generic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protect by law.
We welcome you to apply today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications