|Title:||Software Developer II|
Be a part of a team with manager, other developers and software architect in designing and adhering to a set of development practices. Work with quality assurance and support staff in testing and providing adequate documentation. Work with editorial staff on understanding business practices and developing requirements
Work through support staff in monitoring and responding to external user problems. Work with external users to understand and develop requirements. Work directly with external vendors on API’s and communications where applicable. Communicate with user groups and developers of open-source and other third-party tools as needed.
Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: At least 2-5 years practical software development experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
▪ Experience with an object-oriented programming language is essential; proficiency in Ruby, Java, and/or Clojure as well as modern frontend development techniques preferred.
▪ Web services experience and understanding of basic web protocols and standards is important.
▪ Familiarity with Unix, Linux or Mac software development environments and command-line and scripting tools is expected.
▪ Strong organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Excellent attention to detail.
▪ Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
▪ Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams as well as independently.
▪ Most work performed in an office environment.
▪ Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk using computers.
▪ Incumbent may use keyboards, computer pointing devices, telephone, and other office equipment.
▪ Flexible work hours to accommodate the time differences for meetings and events as requested.
▪ Ability to lift up to 5 lbs as part of job responsibilities.
To advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity, promote physics, and serve the broader physics community, we:
The Core Values That Drive Our Mission Are:
The American Physical Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition), citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome you to apply today!