Sales Operations Coordinator
|Title:||Sales Operations Coordinator|
|Location:||College Park, MD|
Sales Operations Coordinator
Who we are:
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents over 55,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world. Society offices are located in College Park, MD (Headquarters), Ridge, NY, and Washington, D.C.
The Sales Operations Coordinator will work as part of the Society's Publishing Sales Team, and manage customer accounts and subscriptions to generate revenue, ensure financial accuracy and meet sales targets. This person will complete tasks that support customers, the Publishing Sales Team, and key third-party partners.
A Typical Week May Look Like This:
Is This You:
- Handle customer inquiries including those related to online licensing, account balances, IP updates, tier classifications, ad hoc quotes, usage statistics, librarian user account setup, turn-away reports, trail access, etc.
- Manage a list of subscription accounts, negotiate pricing, and identify and act upon upsell opportunities.
- Liaise between subscribers and the subscription-service team to ensure smooth subscription fulfillment and operations.
- Ensure CRM data is clean, accurate, and up to date.
- Assist the Sales Team with consortia management tasks, such as commission, reconciliation, licenses updates, unique procurement process follow up, order set up, data capture, and payment collection.
- Generate and distribute reports.
- Assist with renewal campaigns and revenue collections.
- Assist with, and provide cover for, copyright, permissions, and ad hoc requests.
- Assist with updating the Librarian Portal.
- Perform administrative functions, such as documenting and scheduling meetings and events, filing, scanning, and maintaining internal policies and procedures documentation.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: business, publishing, economics, finance, sales and/or marketing.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and documentation skills, and a keen attention to detail; you're able to shift priorities when necessary.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement, and proactively respond to issues as they arise.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams, as well as independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with databases, and preferably CRM systems such as Salesforce.
- Desire to develop skills in relationship building, price negotiation, data and account management in support of the APS mission.
To advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity, promote physics, and serve the broader physics community, we:
- Provide a welcoming and supportive professional home for an active, engaged, and diverse membership
- Advance scientific discovery and research dissemination
- Advocate for physics and physicists, and amplify the voice for science
- Share the excitement of physics and communicate the essential role physics plays in the modern world
- Promote effective physics education for all
The core values that drive our mission are:
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
The American Physical Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition), citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome you to apply today!