|Location:||College Park, MD|
Who we are:
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents over 55,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world. Society offices are located in College Park, MD (Headquarters), Ridge, NY, and Washington, D.C.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting effective marketing strategies, assisting with campaign development, and reporting outcomes.
A Typical Week May Look Like This:
Is This You:
- Assist with the creative development, coordination, and implementation of marketing campaigns.
- Support the execution of marketing plans through weekly check-ins with stakeholders, coordinating graphics requests, and proofreading copy.
- Write and edit marketing copy for advertisements, web, emails, social media, and other collateral.
- Evaluate campaign performance to develop insightful reports to help inform future marketing strategies.
- Assist in overseeing day-to-day operations of social media channels.
- Track, analyze, and report key performance indicators (KPIs) across social media channels and use findings to maximize growth opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders across the organization.
- As necessary, provide support for other marketing functions such as email marketing and creation of surveys and forms.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field.
- 2-4 years of marketing experience in a professional setting.
- Experience working with associations or nonprofits preferred.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Specialized knowledge of production of marketing materials.
- Advanced working knowledge of social media management software.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite, Google Business Applications, and project management software, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with marketing reporting including the use of Google Analytics and social media metrics.
- Interest in science preferred.
- Strong organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams as well as independently in a virtual setting.
To advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity, promote physics, and serve the broader physics community, we:
- Provide a welcoming and supportive professional home for an active, engaged, and diverse membership
- Advance scientific discovery and research dissemination
- Advocate for physics and physicists, and amplify the voice for science
- Share the excitement of physics and communicate the essential role physics plays in the modern world
- Promote effective physics education for all
The core values that drive our mission are:
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
The American Physical Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition), citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome you to apply today!