Email Marketing Specialist
The world of digital marketing is complex and ever-changing. At the American Physical Society, we’re looking for an Email Marketing Specialist who can stay ahead of the curve by delivering the most advanced and effective email marketing campaigns to a large audience of science professionals.
As the Email Marketing Specialist, you’ll put your automated email marketing expertise to use to deliver emails that engage the reader and generate new leads. You’ll take ownership of the email marketing and automation system (Pardot), and fully utilize its features to send out the most effective email campaigns possible. You’ll learn something new every day - about physics, marketing, and yourself.
The American Physical Society is a remote-first organization. This role is currently remote, but may require occasional office time in College Park, Maryland in the future.
Is This You?
- You’ve moved past simple email blast programs, and are fluent in advanced automation systems, such as Pardot.
- You have experience designing, building, and deploying dynamic email marketing campaigns and more advanced customer journeys.
- You can work with other teams and members remotely to teach best practices and troubleshoot email issues.
- You know all about campaign tracking via Google Analytics. You get into the data, and know how to translate metrics into effective communication strategies.
- You use Salesforce for audience segmentation and to pull reports.
- You understand and use basic HTML and inline CSS (and yes, even occasionally hand-coding).
- You enjoy testing A/B testing and presenting findings/recommendations to make improvements.
- You thrive on staying abreast of emailing marketing trends and industry benchmarks.
- You have experience building complex surveys and forms.
- You collaborate and work on busy and mission-oriented teams.
- You have a BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- Bonus Points: If you’ve worked with scientists, academics, or other non-profits, all the better!
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications or marketing related field.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Experience with email marketing software required.
- Marketing background or experience preferred.
- Experience working with associations, non-profits, and/or a publishing environment preferred.
- Expert knowledge in email marketing software, email design, and HTML and CSS coding for emails, including mobile design.
- Strong proofreading skills
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent writing, communication, and reporting skills preferred.
- Strong organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams as well as independently.
Work Environment: The American Physical Society is a remote-first organization. This role is currently remote, but may require occasional office time in College Park, Maryland in the future.
This is Us!
Join the Communications Team at the American Physical Society. Banding together graphics, web, press, and marketing, you will be a part of a creative team that delivers breakthrough news and opportunities to APS Members.
Help us achieve our mission of advancing and diffusing the knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity, promote physics, and serve the broader physics community, at APS, we:
- Provide a welcoming and supportive professional home for an active, engaged, and diverse membership
- Advance scientific discovery and research dissemination
- Advocate for physics and physicists, and amplify the voice for science
- Share the excitement of physics and communicate the essential role physics plays in the modern world
- Promote effective physics education for all
The core values that drive our mission are:
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Education and Learning
- Speaking Out
The American Physical Society is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of American Physical Society not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of race, religious creed, alienage or citizenship, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, protected military status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, ancestry, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments, benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at APS. The American Physical Society is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact APS Human Resources.
The APS has a “remote first” concept that promotes equal treatment and equal access, independent of physical work location, with a majority of staff working primarily from remote work locations.
We welcome you to apply today!