Digital Project Manager
|Title:||Digital Project Manager|
|Location:||College Park, MD|
Digital Project Manager
College Park, MD
Who we are
The American Physical Society (APS)
is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents over 55,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world. Society offices are located in College Park, MD (Headquarters), Ridge, NY, and Washington, D.C.
APS is seeking a Digital Project Manager.
This Project Manager role supports web product and digital project development by managing all phases of web projects, including leading planning efforts, documenting outcomes and business requirements, and assembling project plans and timelines. The Digital Project Manager works on a mix of new development, replacement, and enhancement projects while working closely with team members and management, and internal and external stakeholders.
A Typical Week May Look Like This…
Is This You?
- Leads planning efforts, documenting outcomes and business requirements
- Assembles project plans, timelines, sprint planning, reporting, and retrospectives
- Manages and mitigates risk with project scope, budget, and delivery for web projects
- Establishes feedback loops, manages expectations, and maintains lines of communications between team members and both internal and external stakeholders
- Manages and understands the long-term roadmap for all properties in the APS web portfolio
- Manages internal and external resources, including developers, designers, and writers
- Supports non-technical teams in the Communications Department, including marketing and graphics, with project planning and communication
- Assists in grooming and prioritizing work in the backlog
- Assists with quality assurance and testing and establishing acceptance criteria for all work
- Evaluates and maintains project management tools and software
This is Us!
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- PMP, Scrum-Certified Product Owner, or ScrumMaster certification is preferred.
- 3-8 years of experience as a project manager or business analyst with PM experience
- Experience working for similar organizations is preferred
- Experience managing projects for digital products in a multi-stakeholder and cross-functional environment
- Experience with planning, writing, and executing regression and user acceptance tests
- Experience working with vendors and managing vendor relationships, including design agencies on large projects
- Experience working with Agile, Scrum, and Lean processes, and serving in Scrum Master and Product Owner roles
- Experience working with and managing common reporting and project management tools (Atlassian suite, Basecamp, Trello, etc.)
- Product management experience is also helpful, including defining vision, iterative releases
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict resolution and negotiating skills
- General understanding of web concepts and basic HTML
- General knowledge of technology systems, platforms, and design and development patterns used in web design and development is a plus
- Strong organization, documentation, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams as well as independently.
The American Physical Society strives to:
- Be the leading voice for physics and an authoritative source of physics information for the advancement of physics and the benefit of humanity.
- Provide effective programs in support of the physics community and the conduct of physics.
- Collaborate with national scientific societies for the advancement of science, science education and the science community.
- Cooperate with international physics societies to promote physics, to support physicists worldwide and to foster international collaboration.
- Promote an active, engaged and diverse membership, and support the activities of its units and members.
The American Physical Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability or veteran status.
We welcome you to apply today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications