Digital Marketing Manager
|Title:||Digital Marketing Manager|
|Location:||College Park, MD|
Digital Marketing Manager
College Park, MD
Who we are:
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents over 55,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world. Society offices are located in College Park, MD (Headquarters), Ridge, NY, and Washington, D.C.
The Digital Marketing Manager plays a central role in the association's marketing automation and digital content strategies. This role will focus on delivering relevant content to various stakeholders and lead generation. This individual will take ownership of the email marketing automation software, Pardot, and its integration with SalesForce, Nimble (our association management system), and will interface with Higher Logic, APS’ online community platform.
A Typical Week May Look Like This…
- Define strategies to deliver relevant content to a variety of personas and segments.
- Build and design the structure for marketing automation campaigns.
- Grow qualified leads by enhancing the experience of those interacting with the website, including converting site traffic to leads through call-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Develop lead scoring, management, and reporting with marketing and effectively implement and maintain within Pardot.
- Utilize marketing automation system to disseminate messages, including markup and template design.
- Spearhead reporting efforts across multiple platforms, such as Pardot, Higher Logic, SalesForce, and Google Analytics to identify trends and convert them to actionable ideas.
- Ensure that all email campaigns comply with current best practices, including GDPR and CAN-SPAM.
- Manage an Email Marketing Specialist.
Is This You?
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Expert proficiency with Pardot or similar marketing automation system (Eloqua, Marketo, etc.) required.
- A background in science organizations, scholarly publishing, and/or international organizations not required but a plus.
- Proficiency with Nimble or Salesforce with a demonstrated track record of results.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, specifically campaign tracking.
- Must be comfortable working with, and drawing meaningful conclusions from, quantitative data.
- Experience with managing marketing automation systems and designing, building, and deploying dynamic email marketing campaigns and more advanced customer journeys.
- Basic coding knowledge (HTML/CSS).
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong sense of design principles.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Proficiency with Google Docs and other online shared document products.
- Must be able to work on multiple deadlines at one time.
- Strong organization, documentation, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing schedules.
- Ability to work well with interdepartmental teams as well as independently.
This is Us!
The American Physical Society strives to:
The American Physical Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability or veteran status.
We welcome you to apply today!
- Be the leading voice for physics and an authoritative source of physics information for the advancement of physics and the benefit of humanity.
- Provide effective programs in support of the physics community and the conduct of physics.
- Collaborate with national scientific societies for the advancement of science, science education and the science community.
- Cooperate with international physics societies to promote physics, to support physicists worldwide and to foster international collaboration.
- Promote an active, engaged and diverse membership, and support the activities of its units and members.