Publishing Marketing Manager
|Title:||Publishing Marketing Manager|
|Location:||College Park, MD|
Who we are:
Publishing Marketing Manager
The American Physical Society (APS) is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics through its outstanding research journals, scientific meetings, and education, outreach, advocacy, and international activities. APS represents over 55,000 members, including physicists in academia, national laboratories, and industry in the United States and throughout the world. Society offices are located in College Park, MD (Headquarters), Ridge, NY, and Washington, D.C.
Are you eager to develop and deliver a tailored marketing plan for a growing publishing program? Then we have got an exciting opportunity for you! The Marketing Manager, Publishing will support the Society’s publishing strategy by developing marketing objectives and plans and executing integrated marketing campaigns for the APS journal portfolio.
A Typical Week May Look Like This:
Is This You:
- Create and execute integrated marketing campaigns aimed at various audience segments (e.g. authors, readers, referees, members, librarians) across all channels (e.g. marketing automation, social media, exhibits, advertising, websites, search advertising).
- Meet marketing objectives by executing marketing plans to drive manuscript submissions, increase readership, and stimulate institutional sales and open access publishing growth.
- Use audience insights, behaviors, personas, keyword research, analytics, competitive information, and content performance to improve marketing collateral.
- Oversee the design and production of print and digital marketing materials while ensuring consistency of look, tone, brand, and adherence to style guide.
- Develop compelling messaging by adapting style, tone, and word choice to various channels and audience segments.
- Monitor, measure, and report on the performance of marketing campaigns to gain insight, assess goals, and identify trends that lead to actionable ideas.
- Work with web strategy group to enhance the digital experience and convert site traffic to leads through call-to-action, landing pages, and compelling content.
- Work with Email Marketing Manager to develop lead scoring and design marketing automation campaigns.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent messaging and talking points across the portfolio, inclusive of various strategic initiatives, such as open access.
- Develop an annual exhibits strategy and proposed budget.
- Speaks with and answer questions from customers about APS journals at the exhibits.
- Leverages integrated marketing and messaging opportunities across other areas of the Society.
- Maintain a base of market intelligence on competitors and report on important developments.
- Keep up-to-date on industry initiatives, policies, and trends in scholarly publishing and marketing.
- Manage a Marketing Coordinator.
- You're a marketing professional with a high level of digital awareness, eager to deliver and realize a marketing strategy supported by data analytics.
- You have experience executing research on market trends and opportunities, needs and competition.
- You've managed relations with internal and external stakeholders, including editors.
- You're aware of all relevant trends in the publishing industry related to policies, technology and researcher needs.
- Eager to develop and deliver a tailored marketing strategy for a growing publishing program.
- A strong communicator with good cultural awareness, who will frequently consult with editorial and publishing colleagues to align the marketing strategy with the publishing strategy. With excellent organizational skills and strategic thinking, you approach marketing planning with a creative and analytical mind.
- To advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics for the benefit of humanity, promote physics, and serve the broader physics community, we:
- Provide a welcoming and supportive professional home for an active, engaged, and diverse membership
- Advance scientific discovery and research dissemination
- Advocate for physics and physicists, and amplify the voice for science
- Share the excitement of physics and communicate the essential role physics plays in the modern world
- Promote effective physics education for all
The Core Values That Drive Our Mission Are:
- The Scientific Method
- Truth and Integrity
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Respect
- Partnering, Cooperation, and Open Collaboration
- Speaking Out
- Education and Learning
The American Physical Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, pregnancy (including childbirth or related condition), citizenship, familial status, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, other non-disqualifying disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We welcome you to apply today!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications